- Child Care Services
- Financial Assistance
- Student Parent Resource Hub
- Lactation Spaces
- Resource Library
- Contact Us
- University Child Care Committee
Additional Student Resources
IWPR’s Student Parent Success Initiative (SPSI) focuses on supporting students with dependent children who are pursuing college. The project involves research, tool-building, technical assistance, public education, and networking advocates among policymakers, and practitioners invested in the success of student parents in postsecondary education.
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY RANKS #15! This list from BestColleges ranks 50 colleges and universities that provide a specific set of amenities for students with children, while still managing to be relatively inexpensive in terms of tuition and administrative fees.
Is your child mildy ill? Cannot miss a test or work? Use the Comfort Zone! We will take care of your sick child. Your child will receive TLC and professional care while they are on the road to recovery from their routine childhood illness. If you are an ISU student parent and you meet income guidelines, services will be at no charge.
Do you have an evening exam or just need a night out with friends? The YWCA Child Care list provides parents a list of ISU students and community members who provide childcare on an occasional basis. The list includes availability, age and important information such as languages spoken and age-range preferences. All sitters on the list have passed criminal, sex offender, and child abuse background checks. The list is updated each Fall semester. The list is free to all ISU Students and Spouses and $5 for community members.
We are The SHOP, a student-run, on-campus food pantry at Iowa State University.Our mission is to increase food security on campus and offer non-perishable food and other personal hygiene items to all ISU students and faculty/staff in need. Just in 2015 we have served anywhere from 60 to 110 students each month.
Still have questions? Student Answer Center
The Student Answer Center (SAC) provides one-stop assistance for general questions relating to Iowa State University and the surrounding community.
- Assistance navigating AccessPlus including password resets
- Brochures regarding resources on campus
- Athletic Posters, Calenders, and Maps
- Public accessible computers for web browsing
- Free phone and laptop charging stations
Check out their new FAQ website for answers to general questions and information for different resources on campus!