Iowa State University

Child Care Access Means Parents In School Program (CCAMPIS)

Program Overview

The Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) program is a federal grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education to support student-parents. This program supports the participation of low-income student-parents in postsecondary education through the provision of campus-based child care services. First funded in 2001, ISU is now in its fifth four-year grant cycle (2018-2022) and has contributed nearly $3 million to support our student parents. Families who meet the requirements of the CCAMPIS Grant may receive a reduction in their monthly child care tuition.

*Participation is limited. We are unable to assist all those who apply.

CCAMPIS provides ISU student parents with:

          Financial Assistance with child care fees

          FREE access to The Comfort Zone – Child Care for Sick Kids

          Workshops on various topics such as parenting tips, stress management, child development, etc.

          Information about community resources and agencies

Student parent applications are considered for child care assistance through CCAMPIS funding on the basis of eligibility status, financial income, need, resources, and family contribution levels.

Undergraduate student must be receiving a federal Pell Grant or be Pell Grant eligible based on the Expected Family Contribution. A FAFSA must be completed and on file with the Office of Student Financial Aid.

Graduate/Professional and international students enrolled at Iowa State University may be eligible to receive CCAMPIS assistance pending verification of eligibility and Expected Family Contribution.


The following items MUST be uploaded with each application

(Only complete applications will be processed!)

  • A current class schedule
  • A copy of your most recent ISU college unofficial transcript (this is found in AccessPlus)
  • A copy of your Student Financial Aid Award Letter (this is found in AccessPlus)
  • A copy of your most recently prepared income tax return documents with ALL Social Security Numbers BLACKED OUT (please provide the first 3 pages of this document)
  • A copy of your current Letter of Intent, if you and/or your spouse or live-in partner has a graduate assistantship