- Child Care Services
- Financial Assistance
- Student Parent Resource Hub
- Lactation Spaces
- Resource Library
- Contact Us
- University Child Care Committee
Iowa State University
Childcare Assistance Program (CAP)
- Currently enrolled at least half-time at ISU and actively seeking a degree
- A student of a child not yet enrolled in kindergarten services
- Have out-of-pocket expenses for child care services
- Current financial information on file in the Office of Student Financial Aid (U.S. Citizens)
- Demonstrate high financial need
- Meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP) guidelines as required by ISU
Once an application has been submitted and student status verified, applications will be ranked according to income and resources sycg as: student credit load, tuition costs, income/financial need, family size, and age of child. Students with the highest financial need will have priority. Those eligible and selected for a scholarship may be reimbursed up to $750 per semester for out-of-pocket child care expenses.
* Funding is limited! We are unable to assist all those who apply.
CAP Award Letters
Once your application has been processed and approved for a scholarship, you will receive a CAP award letter and receipt form via email. This letter will contain the semester award amount that is allocated to you, along with a receipt form to claim your scholarship.
After you have completed a CAP receipt that you received with your award letter, your scholarship will be processed and applied to your University Bill within 7-10 business days.
When applying, please remember the following:
As part of their responsibilities, the Office of Student Financial Aid has developed a standard Cost of Attendance (COA) for all student aid applicants. All monies received by student aid recipients will be used towards meeting your COA. Child care expenses are unique to each individual aid recipient and not included as part of the standard COA.